Please see below for an opportunity for on-campus graduate students.
Supervisor: Assistant Dean of the Graduate School
- Must be admitted to the Graduate School in an approved FHSU degree-seeking program
- Must have an application for a Graduate Teaching Assistant position on file in the Graduate School
- Must have a passion for instructing international students many of whom are non-native English speakers and writers
- Must be committed to developing his/her intercultural communication and instructional skills
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Must be an independent individual who displays initiative in their daily work
- International students must pass the SPEAK test with a score of 50+ or the TOEFL iBT with a score of 22+ on the spoken English portion of the exam (Regents requirement for international GTA appointments).
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check if chosen for the position
- Must successfully complete the university’s online harassment training module
- Experience with the Blackboard course management system
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint skills – including the ability to construct mail merges, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Ability to maintain a website using a content management system
- Send resume with contact information for three FHSU references and letter of interest to Dr. Jerry Spotswood, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to applicants who submit materials on or before December 5, 2012.
- Screening will occur beginning December 5, 2012 and continue until filled.
- Interviews will be scheduled after December 5, 2012. Please do not call for appointments.