Job opening in Special Collections / Archives
Fall / Spring 2014-2015
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Staff the archives and special collections areas of the library
- Accession archival materials according to archival standards
- Shelve and retrieve materials
- Assist patrons (onsite, phone and online queries) with research, scanning and photocopying
- File materials and perform general office maintenance
- Assist in the processing of special collection items
- Shelve, label and other duties as assigned
Minimum/Essential Qualifications Needed to Perform Job
Ability to work according to an established schedule, basic computer skills, attention to detail, ability to work without close supervision, organizational skills, ability to lift and move heavy boxes, ability to work with the public, some understanding of historical research methods and approaches, ability to solve problems and attention to detail.
Interest in historical methods, research or museum/archival studies.
Contact Janice Basgall, Senior Administrative Assistant, Forsyth Library